Duration: 2 Weeks
Location: Online via Zoom
Monday – Friday 10:00 to 14:30*
Construction is one of the fastest growing sectors. With a wide range of projects all over the UK, it offers thousands of challenging and exciting job opportunities. One of those jobs could be yours. With this online learning course: ‘Introduction to Construction Skills’ you’ll get all the skills you need to lay the foundation for your new career.
What’s more, it’s fully funded so completely FREE!
- Age 19+ before 31 August 2023
- UK resident for 3+ years
- In receipt of any of these benefits: JSA/ESA/UC/Income Support
- Low income & available to join course
- Laptop/PC required. No smart phones please
- You must have one of the following forms of ID:
UK Passport, UK Driving Licence, UK Birth Certificate, EU ID card/
passport or Residency Permit/documents
What will you Learn?
- How to start working in the construction industry
- Health & Safety: accidents at work, site safety, working at heights
- Asbestos awareness, manual handling, fire marshall and wellbeing in the workplace
- Personal & Social skills
- Job seeking, CV and interview preparation
- Preparation for your CSCS test
What will you Gain?**
- Level 1 Certificate of Introduction to Construction
- Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
- Level 1 Award in Securing Employment
- Level 1 Award in Personal Social Skills
Get Enrolled, Qualified and Ready for Work!
- Fully funded – no cost to you
- On-line from comfort of your home
- Weekly job fairs – meet potential employers
- Guaranteed job interview with employer sponsor or help with an employer’s recruitment process^
- Our employer engagement team help you into work
On completion of your course…what’s next?
• Full or part time employment in the sector
• Use you new knowledge & transferable skills to join another sector
• Further training & education for the sector with local college
• Apprenticeship programme via your new employer
^Many companies use specialist methods of recruitment, for example through online aptitude testing. If the employer’s usual recruitment process means they cannot commit to the guaranteed job interview, then alternative arrangements can be made to support you through your recruitment process. Participants will be offered a guaranteed job interview wherever possible.
*course times may vary
**some of our college partners may provide additional content