Duration: 12 Days
Location: Online via Zoom
Monday – Friday 09:30 to 16:00*
Kendal College Skills Bootcamp
Our ‘Sustainable Construction’ Skills Bootcamp is part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping you gain skills for life with fully funded training to get you into construction employment. Construction is one of the fastest growing sectors. With a wide range of projects all over the UK, it offers thousands of challenging and exciting job opportunities. One of those jobs could be yours. With this online learning course; ‘Introduction to Construction Skills’ you’ll get all the skills you need to lay the foundation for your new career.
What’s more, it’s fully funded so completely FREE!
- Cumbria & Lancashire Residents only
- Age 19+ before 31 August 2023
- UK resident for 3+ years
- Want to reskill
- In receipt of any of these benefits: JSA/ESA/UC/Income Support
- Low income & available to join course
- Laptop/PC required. No smart phones please
- You must have one of the following forms of ID:
UK Passport, UK Driving Licence, UK Birth Certificate, EU ID card/
passport or Residency Permit/documents
What will you Learn?
- How to start working in the construction industry
- Health & Safety: accidents at work, site safety, working at heights
- Asbestos awareness, manual handling, fire marshall and wellbeing in the workplace
- Recycling & Waste Management
- Carbon Emissions & Footprint
- Climate Change
- Preparation for your CSCS test
What will you Gain?
- Level 2 Award in Managing Business Responses to Environmental Challenges
- Level 1 Certificate of Introduction to Construction
- Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
Get Enrolled, Qualified and Ready for Work!
- Fully funded – no cost to you
- On-line from comfort of your home
- Our employer engagement team help you into work
On completion of your course…what’s next?
- Full or part time employment in the sector
- Use you new knowledge & transferable skills to gain promotion
- Further training & education for the sector with Kendal college
- Apprenticeship programme via your new employer
*course times may vary