Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier: Continuous Improvement Programme
68% reduction injury risk scoring
Reductions in lost workdays, rework time
Reduced accident/injury rates
Our partnership client, a renowned global tier 1 automotive supplier, wanted to reduce musculoskeletal disorders/injuries by calculating ergonomic risks arising from repetitive movements, posture, weight, distance and other factors.
This continuous improvement programme, delivered by our partners at Barnet Southgate College included assessment of selected line/workstation tasks which allowed a risk scoring system based on task impact to be developed. Using state of the art ergonomic software, the team were better able to visualise risks & establish which parts of the body were most vulnerable to injury.
- Fatigue/injuries from repetitive activity
- Lost workdays & associated costs
- Time wasted on rework
- Too many accidents/near misses
- Reductions across all injury risk scores of up to 68%
- Project won UK Award for globally recognised Kaizen competition
- Reduced lost workdays & time spent on rework
- Lower accident/injury and near miss rates
“I am now much better at spotting improvement opportunities, finding the root cause, using the lean tools and techniques to determine the solution, and sustain the
improvement. I would 100% recommend this programme to others – it has allowed me to show my true potential.“ Project Team Member