LEVEL 5 OPERATIONS MANAGER APPRENTICESHIP
Barnet Southgate College delivery in partnership with Cidori
Typical Job Roles:
Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Department manager and Specialist managers.
30 Months plus 3 months EPA Gateway
Level 2 in English & maths is to be completed, if required.
Progress reviews occur every 10-12 weeks and are a mandatory requirement. There must be a manager or mentor present at each review.
- Operational Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard
Delivery & Assessment:
Learning and assessment will take place with a dedicated tutor and will consist of:
- Teaching sessions, practical activities access to online resources
- Presentations and mock assessments
Off-the-Job Training (OTJ):
This training must equate to a minimum of 6 hours per week for the duration of the apprenticeship programme. It can be delivered flexibly e.g., for a part of each day, once each week or as a block release.
Just some of the Core Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Organisational Performance: operational management; planning; continuous improvement; project management, risk assessment; risk management; sales; marketing; finance.
- Interpersonal excellence: Leading people; managing people; building relationships; networking; negotiation; management of supplier/stakeholder relationships; communication; active listening; coaching; mentoring; delegation; recruitment.
- Personal Effectiveness: self-awareness; management of self; decision making; problem solving.
- Takes responsibility; demonstrates resilience and accountability.
- Inclusive: Open; approachable; authentic; builds trust; seeks the views of others.
- Agile: flexible; creative; innovative; enterprising; positive; adaptable.
- Professionalism; sets an example; is fair; consistent and impartial; open and honest.
Successful completion of the programme may be a gateway to further learning via a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management (CMI)
End Point Assessment (EPA):
Learners will undertake an End Point Assessment at the end of their practical training period. The EPA will consist of the following elements, each of which will be graded individually. Learners will then be awarded an overall grade of a fail, pass or distinction.
- Workplace Observation with Q&A
- Project Presentation with Q&A
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio of evidence