LEVEL 4 IMPROVEMENT PRACTITIONER APPRENTICESHIP
Barnet Southgate College delivery in partnership with Cidori
Typical Job Roles:
Business Improvement Practitioner, Continuous Improvement Manager, Process Excellence Manager, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Quality Control Senior Analyst.
18 Months plus 3 months End Point Assessment (EPA) window.
Level 2 in English and Maths is to be completed if required.
Progress reviews occur every 10-12 weeks and are a mandatory requirement. There must be a manager or mentor present at each review.
- Improvement Practitioner Level 4 Standard
Delivery & Assessment:
Learning & assessment will take place with a dedicated onsite college tutor, and will consist of:
- Teaching of Theory (for example, Lectures, roleplaying, simulation exercises, online learning or manufacturing training).
- Practical training, shadowing, mentoring and industry visits.
- Learning support and time writing assignments.
Off-the-Job Training (OTJ):
This training must equate to a minimum of 6 hours per week for the duration of the apprenticeship programme. It can be delivered flexibly e.g., for a part of each day, once each week or as a block release.
Just Some of the Core Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Team formation & leadership
- Project management
- Presentation & reporting
- Principles & methods
- Business value of Lean and Six Sigma improvement methods
- Project selection and scoping
- Problem definition
- Voice of the customer
- Process mapping & analysis
- Drive for results
- Continuous development
- Safe working
Successful completion of the programme may be a gateway to further learning, e.g. Improvement Leader Level 6 or enhanced career opportunities in the sector
End Point Assessment (EPA):
Learners will undertake an End Point Assessment at the end of their practical training period. The EPA will consist of the following elements, each of which will be graded individually.
Learners will then be awarded an overall grade of a fail, pass or distinction.
- Multiple-Choice Exam, Project Report, Presentation and Questioning, Professional Guided Discussion (PGD) underpinned by log.