LEVEL 2 LEAN MANUFACTURING OPERATIVE APPRENTICESHIP
Barnet Southgate College delivery in partnership with Cidori
Typical Job Roles:
Team Member Production; Manufacturing Production Operative/Assembly Operative; Inspection/Quality Assurance Operative; Manufacturing Logistics Operative/Material Handling Operative; Manufacturing Process/Finishing Operative; Production Assembly; Logistics/Material Handling
13 months plus a 3 month End Point Assessment (EPA) window.
Level 1 minimum in English & maths is to be completed, with the option of Level 2 available (if applicable). Based on your initial assessment and previous learning you may be required to attempt Level 2 in one or both skills.
Progress reviews occur every 10-12 weeks and are a mandatory requirement. There must be a manager or mentor present at each review.
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge & Skills)
Delivery & Assessment:
Learning & assessment will take place with a dedicated onsite Barnet Southgate college tutor, and will consist of:
- Teaching sessions, practical activities & shop floor observations
- Workbooks & Projects
- Presentations and practical assessments
Off-the-Job Training (OTJ):
This training must equate to a minimum of 6 hours per week for the duration of the apprenticeship programme. It can be delivered flexibly e.g., for a part of each day, once each week or as a block release.
Just some of the Core Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Lean Manufacturing Operations
- Quality Control
- Problem Solving & Continuous Improvement
- Respond positively to change in the working environment
- Can work independently and effectively in challenging situations.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and adapt to different situations or technologies
Successful completion of the programme may be a gateway to further learning, or enhanced career opportunities in the sector.
End Point Assessment (EPA):
Learners will undertake an End Point Assessment at the end of their practical training period. The EPA will consist of the following elements, each of which will be graded individually. Learners will then be awarded an overall grade of a fail, pass or distinction.
- Observation with questions
- Interview underpinned by a portfolio of evidence