Duration: 4 Weeks Location: Online via Zoom Monday – Friday 10:00 to 14:30*
Looking for a challenging yet rewarding and varied career as a teaching assistant? Are you a positive, friendly person with strong communication skills who is ready to go to work every day to inspire children and young people to be the best they can be? Far from being just an extra person to fetch & carry, teaching assistants need initiative and play an important learning support role – in schools and colleges. This is an intensive course, and a great way to get your TA qualifications!
- Age 19+ before 31 August 2023
- Grade C (Grade 4) in Maths & English, or equivalent desirable
- Receiving JSA / ESA / UC / Income Support or Low Income
- Passport, Driving Licence or Birth Certificate
- Self declaration to confirm DBS Check
- Commitment to additional work outside class times required to complete the qualifications
- Laptop/PC essential (no smart phones/tablets please)
- UK resident 3 years minimum
What will you Learn?
- Knowledge needed to work in a school/ college environment
- Working with small groups of children & young people
- Understanding equality, diversity & inclusion
- Communication & professional relationships with children & young people
- How to secure employment opportunities, CV, job applications & interview skills
- Personal mental health, resilience & stress management
What will you Gain?
- NCFE Cache Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges
- Level 1 Award in Securing Employment
- Level 1 Certificate in Personal Social Skills
- Level 1 Award in Personal Resilience & Perseverance
Get Enrolled, Qualified and Ready for Work!
- Fully funded – no cost to you
- On-line from comfort of your home
- Weekly job fairs – meet potential employers
- Guaranteed job interview with employer sponsor or help with an employer’s recruitment process^
- Our employer engagement team help you into work
On completion of your course…what’s next?
- Full or part time employment in the sector
- Use you new knowledge & transferable skills to join another sector
- Further training & education for the sector with local college
- Apprenticeship programme via your new employer
- Guaranteed interview for higher level learning with local college
^Many companies use specialist methods of recruitment, for example through online aptitude testing. If the employer’s usual recruitment process means they cannot commit to the guaranteed job interview, then alternative arrangements can be made to support you through your recruitment process. Participants will be offered a guaranteed job interview wherever possible.
*course times may vary